My Guide Website?
Bratislava: 6-Hour Carpathian Wine Tour and Tasting2 Reviews
Get outside the city center and experience life on the outskirts of Bratislava. Travel to the Small Carpathian Wine Region, where you will learn more about Slovakian history, local wines, and Slovak traditions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Slovakia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovakia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bratislava by Sightseeing Bus
- UK/Europe: eSim Mobile Data Plan
- From Krakow: Slovakia Treetop Walk and Zakopane Tour
- From Vienna: Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting
- Modra: Private Wine Tasting at a Family-Operated Winery
- Enjoy one of the most romantic castles of Slovakia, Red Stone Castle
- Take a walking tour in the historical city centres of Modra, Pezinok and Svaty Jur
- Savour a tasting of fine wine from a local ecological wine producer
DescriptionBe picked up from the lobby of your hotel and embark on the journey towards the Small Carpathian Wine Region. This area is located on the south-eastern slopes of the Small Carpathians and is one of the eight winegrowing regions of Slovakia. Arrive at the Red Stone Castle, one of the most romantic castles of Slovakia, with vast cellars which were once used as warehouses for copper. To enter, you can pay an additional fee. Continue towards the historical town of Modra. Modra is famous for being the birthplace of Slovakian national hero Ludovit Stur, who fought for the autonomy of Slovakia in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Stur also had a significant influence on the revival of the Slovak language and introduced the Slovak language standard. Learn more about his importance in Slovak history as you wander around the medieval town center. Next, visit Pezinok, the capital city of Slovak wine production. Enjoy a walking tour in the historical city center of Pezinok with the option of entering the Majolica Pottery Factory. Continue towards the small town of Svaty Jur to discover its charming streets. Finally, visit a local vineyard and see the traditional production of local wine, free from colorants or additives, by local farmers. Sample this local fine wine with a small snack before returning to Bratislava at approximately 6:00 PM.
IncludesProfessional tour guide Air-conditioned vehicle Wine tasting with small snack Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Red Stone Castle and Majolica Pottery Factory are not included in the ticket price
- Meals will not be provided. Please carry cash for lunch