My Guide Website?
Bratislava: Soviet Era and Post-Communist Tour71 Reviews
Take a tour off the beaten track and see sites from Bratislava’s Communist past. Travel in a legendary 1970-1990s Škoda car or a standard minivan for groups of 4 or more participants.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Slovakia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovakia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- UK/Europe: eSim Mobile Data Plan
- From Kraków: Slovakia Treetop Walk and Tour of Zakopane
- From Vienna: Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting
- From Krakow: Slovakia Treetop Walk and Zakopane Tour
- Krakow: Mountain Treetop Walk & Zakopane Day Trip
- Explore Bratislava from a classic Škoda vehicle or a standard van for 4+ guests
- Learn all about the history of the area in times of war and peace
- Discover the curiosities of Socialist Realist, Functionalist and Brutalist architectural styles
DescriptionThis 2.5-hour tour brings to life the story of Bratislava in the 20th century. You’ll learn about the political changes, the development of society and Soviet-era architecture. Traveling in a retro Škoda vehicle or in a standard van, you’ll visit the Slavín Soviet monument, abandoned factories, a 1930s bunker line, the former Iron Curtain border zone and see loads of Communist-era buildings. Ride past the first apartment block in Czechoslovakia as well as the largest socialist housing project in Europe, abandoned industrial symbols of post-industrial transformation and new capitalist developments. Learn about architectural styles known as Socialist Realism, Functionalism and Brutalism. See villas of former communist leaders. Ride under the controversial UFO-like SNP bridge.
IncludesTransportation English-speaking guide Soft drink
- Please note that in some cases (winter weather conditions, car repair requirements) a retro car cannot always be guaranteed on the tour