My Guide Website?
Vienna: Bratislava Day Trip with Private Guide and Transport
Discover the beating heart of Slovenia on a day tour by private car, train or boat from Vienna. Join a Local Guide on a walking tour of the Old Town, visit Bratislava Castle and St. Martin’s Cathedral
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Slovakia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovakia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Slovenian history and culture in Bratislava with a 5-Star Local Guide
- Explore the Old Town and visit the Bratislava Castle and St. Martin’s Cathedral
- Pickup and drop-off service in Vienna (9-hour option only)
- Enjoy a relaxing train journey with pickup at your accommodation by car(9,5Hour)
- Admire the Danube River on a scenic cruise to Bratislava (10-hour option only)
DescriptionBratislava is a great day trip destination from Vienna, so come and explore! On this private tour you can choose if you want to travel by car, train or boat, we'll make all the travel arrangements and pick you up from your accommodation. Discover the Bratislava Castle, stunning churches, amazing street art and other highlights of the Slovakian capital! The 9-hour car option includes round-trip transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation by private car and a 4,5-hour walking tour of Bratislava's Old Town. Traveling by car is very comfortable and our English and German speaking driver will accompany you all the way to Bratislava and back. In Bratislava, you will discover the heart and soul of the Old Town, its rich history, heritage and landmarks with a passionate Local Guide. Our walking tour of Bratislava will cover the city’s highlights but also hidden gems such as the lovely Blue Church (Modry Kostol), which allures the eye with its bright blue mosaic tiles, the renowned Slovak National Theater, and the popular statue of a sewer worker Čumil. The guide will show you the Old Town, featuring the Main Square, Primate’s Palace, the 14th-century Michael's Gate and the narrow Kapitulska street. You will also visit the stunning St. Martin’s Cathedral where 7 Hungarian kings were corroded, and the Bratislava Castle, which houses the National Museum’s exhibitions on history and archeology and offers sweeping views over the city. After the guided tour, you will enjoy some free time for lunch and souvenir shopping (at your own expense, we can book a table for your group at a recommended restaurant). The 9,5-hour train option includes 1-way transfer to Vienna Central Station by private car, round-trip train tickets to Bratislava with seat reservation, public transport fees in Bratislava, and a 4,5-hour walking tour of Bratislava's Old Town. The trains are modern and run several times a day, the journey takes approximately 1-hour, so it’s a great way to travel all year round. The 10-hour boat option includes 1-way transfer to the Vienna Cruise Terminal by private car, round-trip tickets for the Danube River cruise, and a 4,5-hour walking tour of Bratislava's Old Town. The cruise from Vienna to Bratislava takes a little bit over an hour, allowing you to relax and admire the highlights of the Danube River along the way. Due to the cruise schedule, this tour is available only in summer.
IncludesPrivate Day Trip from Vienna to Bratislava (mode of transport depends on the selected option) 4,5-hour guided tour led by a 5-Star Licensed Guide whois fluent in your chosen language Bratislava Castle Tickets and free entry to St. Martin’s Cathedral Round-trip transfer to Bratislava by private car with an English-German speaking driver (9-hour option only) Round-trip ticket for the Vienna-Bratislava train plus public transport fees (9,5-hour option only) Round-trip tickets for the Vienna-Bratislava boat cruise (10-hour option only) Pickup at your accommodation in Vienna by private car (all options)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. Please note that we offer different transport options. All options include pickup and drop-off, a 4,5-hour walking tour of Bratislava, Bratislava Castle tickets and some free time. The guide will join you in Bratislava. Our drivers speak German and English. Cruise and train tickets will be sent via email. Please confirm your journey details. Round-trip transfer from your accommodation to cruise dock/train station is included. For the train option, we also provide public transport tickets in Bratislava. Bratislava Castle Museum is closed on Tuesday, but you can visit the Primate's Palace instead. Admission to St. Martin’s Cathedral during mass and events is limited. The entrance fee to enter the Treasury is 2,5 eur (optional, open from 01.04 to 11.11). We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and in a larger van for groups of 5 people and more. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle.