Old Market House
A 15th-century bastion, part of the city's mediaeval fortifications, once stood on the site of the present-day Old Market House - or Stará tržnica. In 1910 the present building, which was the first covered market in Bratislava, was erected according to an eclectic design by František Nechyba. In front of the market building is a fountain callled The Lion with Coat of Arms.
The fountain was assembled from parts of an older fountain and renovated in 1937. Near the fountain, under a glass canopy, the remnants of the walls of the 11th-century St Jacob's Chapel are visible.