Sculpture at St. Martin's Cathedral
The earliest surviving monumental work of Central Europe sculpture to be fashioned from lead can be found in Bratislava's St. Martin's Cathedral. It is a sculptural group created by Georg Raphael Donner in 1734 for the main altar of the cathedral.
Nowadays the sculptural group is in a side nave of the church, presented as a freestanding work on a quadrangular pedestal. It depicts Saint Martin astride a rampant horse, bending down to a beggar and cutting his overcoat to share it with the poor man.
(Photo - Source: dom.fara.sk)