Best Open-Air Museums in Horehronie
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Slovakia team
The rural areas of Slovakia contain many structures with considerable cultural and historical value that call for protection.
These forms of conservation provide the best option how to travel to the past, to see and learn about the life of our ancestors in different regions of Slovakia. The most valuable sets of rural buildings were designated monument reserves of popular architecture, which are parts of still inhabited communes. Several precious structures were concentrated into eleven open-air museums. Many of them also organize folk festivals and interesting performances or they install shops showing popular trades.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Slovakia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovakia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Private Day Tour of Devin Castle & Bratislava
- From Kraków: Slovakia Treetop Walk and Tour of Zakopane
- From Vienna: Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting
- From Krakow: Slovakia Treetop Walk, Zakopane & Thermal Spa
- Bratislava by Sightseeing Bus