Best Wooden Churches in ?ari?
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Slovakia team
Specific samples of sacred architecture in Slovakia are the wooden churches. Their folk builders expressed the perfect harmony of the human soul with nature and the effort to disengage from earthly worries.
Wooden churches of the Slovak part of Carpathian Mountain Area, which were added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2008, possess an extraordinary worldwide value. Those are the Roman Catholic churches in Hervartov and Tvrdošín, Evangelical articular churches in Hronsek, Kežmarok and Leštiny, and churches of Eastern rite in Bodružal, Ladomirová and Ruská Bystrá.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Slovakia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovakia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Vienna: Private Day Tour of Devin Castle & Bratislava
- From Kraków: Slovakia Treetop Walk and Tour of Zakopane
- From Vienna: Wachau Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting
- From Krakow: Slovakia Treetop Walk, Zakopane & Thermal Spa
- Bratislava by Sightseeing Bus