My Guide Website?
Ski Resort Relax Center Plejsy
The tradition of skiing in Plejsy dates back to 1952. The resort stretches along the northern slopes of Krompašský vrch (1,025 m/3,362 ft), 2 km (1.3 mi) from the town of Krompachy and 70 km (43.8 mi) from the High Tatras.
The resort has been built dramatically in recent years. Its comfort and capacity has increased substantially and the resort has been approved as the official center for the Olympic preparation of the Slovak representation. The International Ski Federation homologated slalom, giant slalom and super giant slalom courses. Plejsy has hosted several European Cup races.
There are 9 downhill tracks of various difficulty, a restaurant, ski service, ski rental shop, children's corner and other services for skiers. Since the entire area is conditioned with artificial snow the season is prolonged until spring months even when the majority of ski resorts already closed their operations.
Plejsy in figures:
-10 downhill tracks (total length: 10,000 m/32,808 ft)
-15 km (9.4 mi) of cross-country tracks
- 8 lifts
- 1 two-seat cable way (length: 1,863 m/2,037 yd)
- the longest track is 2,350 m (2,570 yd) long with an elevation of 420 m (1,377 ft).
- average height of snow cover: 80 cm (31.5 in)
- average air temperature in winter is - 6ºC (42.8ºF), in summer 16ºC (60.8ºF)
- average length of season: 123 days
- altitude: 470 - 912 m (1,541 - 2,992 ft)
- capacity: 6 thousand persons per hour